Sunday 2 May 2010

Cake Catch-up

Ok, so to catch up on the cakes I have made so far...

Next came Pauls XBox cake, made as a surprise for his birthday. I forget what the actual cake was now but the controller topper was made from cake too and covered in fondant. Sooo tricky to make as I'd never carved cake before but I managed to get it right, it was lifesize so it looked like the real thing. The cake was finished with Happy Birthday Paul but the pictures of the completed cake have gone astray.


I was then asked to make a chocolate cake for a friend at work. It was her daughters birthday & she is a chocoholic so I made a deep chocolate sensation cake with chocolate frosting. For a true girly girl I made princess crowns from pink fondant to go around the cake and decorated these with sprinkles and pink smarties, then topped it off with tons of edible glitter and cute butterflies. She loved it and is now asking for another!!!

This is Nigellas Christmas cake, its the best fruit cake ever. You have to love Nigella, the way she describes adding a knob of butter and proceeds to add the whole block! I decorated it with gold smarties, some chocolate stars and gold edible glitter. Nothing too spectacular to look at but tasted amazing!


I then made a lemon cake for a family birthday. Filled with lemon curd and covered with fondant and pastel fondant hearts, this was a simple cake but looked really pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment