Monday 3 May 2010

The Batcake

This bank holiday weekend I was set a challenge by my other half to make him a Batman themed cake to give me a some practice. So I made a 2 layer lemon cake filled with lemon curd and got creative. I wanted to make the top of the cake black with the logo but thought black all the way round would be a bit boring, so I marbled some red, yellow, orange and a touch of black to make a sunset effect. This was a gamble as I've never tried it before but it turned out really good. Then with the remaining black fondant I created a Gotham city skyline and piped on the lights in the windows. It does look awesome, if I can say so myself, and Pauls friend Sajid, connoisseur of all things Batman agreed claiming 'No Batcave is complete without it' :-) I hope you agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment