Saturday 7 July 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

Last month was my birthday and I whipped up some cupcakes for the folks at work. I got a bit carried away and ended up with about 70 cakes! I made Bakewell cupcakes (almond flavour sponge with jam centre & soft fondant icing topped with a cherry), Jaffa cake cupcakes (vanilla cake with orange frosting & a jaffa cake baked in the bottom of the case (recipe from the very lovely Linda of Buttercup Cakes) Then theres my Ice Cream collection! I had this idea ages ago and I've been waiting to make them! First up is the Neapolitan, a vanilla & chocolate swirl cupcake with strawberry frosting topped with chocolate sprinkles & freeze dried strawberry bits. Then its the Banana Split, a vanilla & chocolate swirl cupcake with banana frosting topped with chocolate drizzle & sugar sprinkles. Last is the Caramel Fudge Sundae, a caramel cupcake topped with caramel sauce, fudge pieces and chocolate coated honeycomb. Absolutely deeeeeeeelicious! Roll on next year...





No comments:

Post a Comment