Sunday 15 July 2012

Dome topped cupcakes

Lazy Saturday, no plans, weather not so great. I thought I'd take the opportunity to play with some of my new equipment starting with my grass/hair nozzle. I created these cute garden cupcakes with green grass frosting, fondant flowers & a cute little ladybird. The nozzle was tricky to use at first but, as with most things, practice makes perfect. I also think my frosting was a bit on the warm side. Looking forward to trying this again.
Then I wanted to try the lovely dome tops I've seen on Carinas Cupcakes. She is absolutely amazing & makes stunning cupcakes. She kindly shared her technique on Facebook the other day so I thought I'd give it a go. Not too bad for a first attempt. I really like this finish for cuppies, fondant is my favourite! These luscious lips were shined up with some edible silk from Rainbow Dust, the dome was white chocolate fondant. Absolutely yummy! 
This was made with my new quilting impression mat. I have wanted one of these for a very long time & I love this effect. I imagine I will be using this one alot!  
A silky smooth dome top with a pretty primrose, another new cutter 
These bunnies are adorable, they'd be perfect for a baby shower!  
Finally, this was made with my flower embossing mat. simple yet effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment