Wednesday 23 January 2013

Amp & Guitar

Hooray, I'm back up! Last weekend was Malcolms 60th birthday! The Eleys are like my 2nd family so I was over the moon when I was asked to make his cake! He was having a very groovy 60's & 70's theme and Maxine wanted a Marshall amp.I feared this could look like a big black block so we came up with the idea of making a replica of his favourite guitar. The amp was tricky, black fondant is very hard to work with & I'm not in a rush to make one again! But it looked brilliant and I love the 'Malcolm' badge instead of Marshall, really adds a personal touch. The guitar was 2 layers of chocolate mud cake with ganache, then covered with fondant. I have made a guitar before so wasn't too worried about this, I think it came out great and looked almost like the real one!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment