Tuesday 14 December 2010

Beary Christmas

Here is this years cake! I used Nigellas gorgeous christmas cake recipe, its amazing! (sorry Delia) I then covered it with marzipan and white fondant and did a rather good job I must say. No cracks or splits or tears....go me! :-) This was not my original idea but due to lack of colourings that wasn't going to happen, maybe next year... So I decided on polar bears, One sat snuggled in a scarf and the other rolling in the snow. Loving the bobble hat! I dusted the whole cake in a shimmer powder so it looks shiny and icy then covered the board with coconut and extended this up the sides of the cake to look like snow drifts. I made presents, candy canes and trees from marzipan and fondant. I dyed some coconut green to give the trees a realistic look and added dragees as baubles and a sparkly gold star. I have so many ideas for christmas cakes now I may have to make 3 next year! Ho Ho Ho!




No comments:

Post a Comment