Monday 7 May 2012

"If you like Pina Coladas...

...and getting caught in the rain..." You guessed it. Another rainy day! So to inject a little sunshine into my life I decided to make some pina colada cupcakes. Yummy rummy pineappley coconutty goodness! First I made a rum syrup and soaked some fresh pineapple chunks in this for an hour. Then I made the cake batter using coconut milk for a smooth taste, I hate it when you get bits of coconut in your teeth. I put the rum soaked pineapple into my cases then topped this with the batter. Theyre almost like little upside down upside-down cakes! When the cakes came out of the oven I drizzled them with the left over rum syrup. Then I whipped up a rum & coconut frosting which is absolutely amazing, reminds me of  Cuba... mmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment