Tuesday 29 March 2011

Super Trooper

Arguably one of my best cakes so far. I made this Lego Stormtrooper for a friends son, and when I heard he loved Lego AND Star Wars I knew I could create something awesome for his 9th birthday. I had so much fun making this cake and managed not to swear or stress out! Aside from a few creases and wobbly bits he's almost perfect (maybe after another 2 or 3 I'll have the lego man down to a T!) Vanilla sponge with jam filling and cream, hand carved to shape then covered & decorated. I used a new brand of black fondant (M&B from cakestuff.com) and its so much easier to work with, not sticky like the Renshaw, so my decoration was spot on here. My new FMM ribbon cutter helped enormously to get the clean, straight lines (best £8 I ever spent!) and I nervously hand painted the pattern. The wording in the Star Wars font really finishes the cake off. It came out better than I imagined. May the force be with you...






No comments:

Post a Comment