Sunday 25 July 2010

Ellas Big 3-0!

July brings my wonderful sisters birthday, this year being particularly special, her Big 3-0! I'd had an idea of what I wanted to make her for quite a while, a paisley Mickey Mouse. Sounds random but she loves Disney so I had to incorporate this, but in a mature way. I made 1 large round and 2 smaller lemon cakes and covered these in a gorgeous pastel blue/green (the dye is called eucalyptus) and I covered the board to match. Then for the deco I made a paisley print using cutters from lindyscakes.co.uk, this seems to be the only place in the world you can but paisley cutters! I hand cut the 30, made a bit of a mess of it as the fondant was a bit stretchy but it was ok. I added some detail with gold and silver dragees and there you go. Simple but effective, my favourite cake so far.





No comments:

Post a Comment